Saturday, December 27, 2008

Here at the APA

I am attending the American Philosophical Association, held this year in Philadelphia.  Cloaked in the shield of Invisibility, I can watch and reflect on the drama around me.  What is the "shield of invisibility?"  you wonder.  Ah-- it is quite simple.  You need to meet three criteria: one, be a woman; two, be an older woman; and third, be someone who is clearly not famous among the APA world of collegiate philosophy.  If you meet those three criteria you are guaranteed to be able to go anywhere and remain completely unseen!  Pretty cool, right?  Oh, I guess being pathologically shy helps as well. 

 I am planning on attending sessions on philosophy with/for young people, Peter Abelard, aesthetics and philosophy of education.  More as I keep my eyes and ears open and, hopefully, my mouth shut. 

No comments:

Post a Comment